Pre-Register Your Kid!
Safe and Clean – We work hard to make this environment a place your children can safely enjoy their time with our volunteers.
Child Focused – Children will enjoy age appropriate activities and stories centered around Jesus, but focused directly on their little hearts.
Fun – Children will sing, dance, and learn the Bible—and have fun the whole way!
Our preschool curriculum focuses on these three, basic principles:
- God made me.
- God loves me
- Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
Bottles or sippy cups labeled with your child’s name are very important for thirsty little babies. Also, remember to label the diaper bag and pack any items that your child may need.
There is a snack time, and we supply age appropriate snacks. If there are food allergies or medical conditions that would prevent your child from having the supplied snack, please let the volunteer know. Providing a labeled snack from home for them to have during snack time would be greatly appreciated. We typically serve Gerber Puffs and Goldfish crackers.
Engaging Worship – Kids enjoy worship with their leaders, singing and dancing to God-honoring lyrics. We focus on how awesome our God is when we worship in this environment.
Exciting Activities – Fun activities with a Biblical message are a staple in this environment. Fun snags a kid’s interest! Once we have their interest, we can pour God’s love into their hearts.
Social – Kids will learn the Bible and foster friendships during their small group gatherings. Small groups are the key to making big impacts.
Our elementary curriculum focuses on these three, basic principles:
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
- INTERACTIVE: Through Small Groups the kids are able to connect with other kids and leaders while creating meaningful relationships that will last a lifetime.
- APPLICATION: This is where the rubber meets the road. Before our 4th and 5th graders head out, we want them to know Jesus—and be able to apply what they know. We encourage kids to not just sit and listen to a cool message or prayer, but to get involved and discover what God is saying to them.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Through games and worship we have created an atmosphere where students can lay down the burdens of that week, have fun, and look to God for encouragement.
Gravity: Children’s Baptism and Discipleship
Has your child been asking questions about the Bible or maturing in their walk with Jesus? Do you sense they are ready for the next step? Southside Kids wants to make the basics of faith clear and important for every child. Gravity is our children’s discipleship course that helps parents of elementary students walk through this process with their children. If your child expresses interest in salvation, baptism, or any other aspect of faith, please sign up below for a special experience designed just for you and your child: